Deep in the heart of Mexico, "La Puerta" is the home of our tipi retreat center. Located in a beautiful, tropical environment, just one hour south of Mexico City, it is truly a land of magic and enchantment.
La Puerta de Quetzalcoatl is considered sacred by the native indigeneous people of this area. It is a huge doorway in the cliff face, which is thought to be an interdimensional doorway. It is said to be the place where Quetzalcoatl brought the first seeds to the people, so they could grow their food.
This is the perfect place to rest and relax, while enjoying the many scenic and historic wonders of the area. This sacred land is used for various ceremonies, shamanic and yoga retreats, and other group events.
Our retreat center includes:
- Tipi's, with beds rented by the night (5 beds per tipi). Cost $200 pesos (approx. $12 US) / night / person.
- Matrimonial Tipi's, with double beds (private). Cost $400 pesos (approx. $24 US) / night / tipi.
- Bathrooms and showers.
- Full kitchen where you can cook your own meals.
- Vegetarian Meals available for groups. $85 pesos (approx. $5 US) / meal / person.
- Temazcal (or sweat lodge) Purification Ceremonies. Donation of $250 pesos (approx. $15 US) / person.
- Walks and tours to sacred and historical sites, such as the Poza de Quetzalcoatl.
- Massage and other healing therapies available, upon request.
- Platform available for Yoga or Tai Chi.
- Meditation Hut.
- Large palapa dining area, with altar.
- Great for groups. Accomodates up to 35 people per night.
- On-site store, selling carved stones and jewelry from Mesoamerica.
- Plenty of green, shaded areas with hammocks and swings available for rest and relaxation.
- Please bring your own sleeping bag, towel and flashlight.
- PLEASE help us to honor and respect the land. NO alcohol or drugs permitted.
For information or reservations, email us at email@example.com. Or call us at La Puerta, in Mexico: 739.393.30.53
NOTE: If you have any problems sending an email with the link provided, simply open your email program and copy and paste, or type the email address into your email directly.